Monday, February 27, 2012

GEORGE ORWELL - Why he wrote - in the author's own words...



Anyone up for some extra credit?

In 1946, George Orwell, the author of the books we are currently studying, 1984 and Animal Farm, wrote about his philosophy on writing. Our class is not a literary class - but it does help to understand the backgrounds and philosophies of the authors we read - to find out WHY they wrote what they wrote.

If anyone wants some extra credit, or if you are interested in writing yourself and want to learn from a world-renowned author, read his essay entitled "Why I Write".

If you email me back and tell me Orwell's Four Great Motives of Writing AND what Orwell wanted most to make into "art", I'll give you credit....

....and you'll have learned some more great stuff about an intriguing author.

And I KNOW you guys always want to learn more stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment